Monday 9 January 2012

Recipe: Home made yoghurt

We're starting to get through quite a lot of yoghurt at the moment as Wee Man loves it. It's supposed to be very simple to make so I thought I'd give it a go.

Ingredients:
1 litre of uht full fat milk
2 large tablespoons of live yoghurt

Method:
1. Warm the milk slightly (I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes).
2. Add the yoghurt (it's fine to use the last of the previous batch but you might need to get a fresh pot every now and again) and stir until well mixed.
3. Put in yoghurt maker for 15 hours then fridge for 6 hours.

You can add milk powder to make it thicker but I couldn't see any when I was last shopping.

It turned out really well - a bit thin but the milk powder would sort that out. Wee Man approved and slurped his down with some mango puree on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment