Tuesday 24 January 2012

March of the penguins

Wee Man loves Pingu so I wanted to make him a penguin lunch today.

I started by boiling the eggs and dying them blue and pink. Instructions here.



When the eggs were a deep enough colour I sliced the bottom off so they stood up, then chopped the bottom in two for wings. I then added cheese and cucumber eyes, carrot beak and a cheese tummy. I meant to do carrot feet but forgot. The eyes were a bit faffy but I got there in the end.



As luck would have it the first of my bento picks arrived today, so I made some little fruit kebabs on sea animal picks for his pudding.



The finished masterpiece. I need more practice to get things tidier but not bad for my first go.



Yum yum. Just some penguin innards remained.

No comments:

Post a Comment