Wednesday 18 January 2012

Not just another lunch!

I'm so excited. I've found bento supplies on eBay!

I should probably start at the beginning. A while ago I stumbled across anotherlunch.com and was really taken by her lunch-boxes - they are just so cute.

Bento lunch-boxes are big in japan (and starting to take off in america too I think). I don't think any kid there goes to school with a boring cheese sandwich for their packed lunch. They are instead an art form in which the mums compete.

I was looking to see what the latest creations were on anotherlunch.com yesterday, and thought I'd see what eBay had to offer in the way of bento supplies. I was amazed at the selection because when I last checked there wasn't much at all. I was quite restrained - honest - but postie will have a few parcels to deliver over the next few days.

I'm sure I'll need lots of practice before my lunches are anything like as good as some of the ones I've seen, but here is today's creation (and this is before my goodies have arrived).

Must start thinking about tomorrow's artistic masterpiece...

No comments:

Post a Comment