Wednesday 16 January 2013

Operation pin cushion: day 13

Egg collection today - they got 21! I'm still in shock - I was expecting 9 or 10.

We went up the night before and were at the hospital at 8am. I went in for my operation about 9:30 and was awake and talking by 10:30. Because they got so many eggs they have to be careful of something called ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome (OHSS) which can make you feel very rough. I have some extra drugs to help stop that.

Wee Man had a great time at his sleepover and didn't wake up until 9am

Today's drugs are the beginning of a new regime - the aim is to make a nice snuggly womb to put the embryos back into:
Dexamethazone
Doxycycline
Crinone - a progesterone supplement
Norprolac - this is to stop the ovaries leeking so much fluid in order to try and stave off OHSS. !

No comments:

Post a Comment