Tuesday 10 June 2014

Tongue tie - again!

When Wee Man was born I had real trouble breastfeeding him - my nipples were cracked and very sore. After a few weeks and being checked by lots of people we eventually figured out he had a tongue tie. We had it operated on when he was 4 weeks old and things got a lot easier. 

Wee Lass started off feeding ok, but was a little slow putting on weight. I didn't think she had a tongue tie because I wasn't sore. But over the last few weeks her feeding has got a lot worse and I'm having to basically squeeze the milk into her. It takes a long time and is uncomfortable for me. At the end of last week it trigged that maybe she did have a tongue tie - I had a check and yes, she does. I popped to the gp to get an official diagnosis (thankfully one of the gp's at my surgery is a breastfeeding expert) and then booked the first private appointment I could find to get it sorted out. We're off to Manchester for an appointment at 7pm tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment